Scottish NATIONALS – Day 2 – Heats and FINALS
Another strong day of competition at the Tollcross pool in Glasgow today for the Swim Ireland TEAM of 9 athletes.
Check out the web Report on the Swim Ireland Website.
Heats swims this morning were another busy affair for the squad of athletes.
- W200IM Niamh Bryson 2:32.57, Lorna Cummins 2:27.42 (8th Q’d for B Final)
- M400FC Jack Cobain 4:15.99 (8th Q’d for B Final), Brendan Hyland 4:14.26 (6th Q’d for B Final),
- W100BS Niamh Bryson 1:19.14
- W200BC Katrin Kychygina 2:28.85, Grace Branagan 2:28.85, Emma Cassidy 2:25.59 (8th Q’d for B Final)
- M200BF Jack Cobain 2:11.70 (10th in to ‘A’ Final), Cian Duffy 2:11.6 (9th in to ‘A’ Final), Brendan Hyland 2:09.88 (8th in to ‘A’ Final) ALL 3 Back for A Final
- W50FC Emma Cassidy 28.41 (PB), Grace Branagan 28.32, Katrin Kychygina 28.45, Aislong Cooney 27.97 (6th Q’d for B Final)
In the Finals Session there were some excellent results and a superb representation of where Irish Swimming is presently as ALL 3 boys qualified for and competed in the ‘A’ Final of the 200BF.
- W200IM – Lorna Cummins 2:26.24 6th ‘B’ Final
- M400FC – Brendan Hyland 4:10.26 (PB) 4th ‘B’ Final, Jack Cobain 4:21.9 10th ‘B’ Final
- W200BC – Emma Cassidy 2:23.09 (PB) 3rd ‘B’ Final
- M200BF – Cian Duffy 2:10.08 8th, Brendan Hyland 2:10.25 9th, Jack Cobain 2:12.7 10th in ‘A’ Final.
- W50FC – Aisling Cooney 27.75 6th in ‘B’ Final.
The Templeogue girls swam solidly in the morning heats but failed to progress to finals. Lots learned between yesterday and today and preparations for the rest of the meet are well advanced.
Check out the full meet results here.